08 August 2008

Fame at last!

I returned home today to a lovely letter from Grosvenor Exhibitions with a free copy of issue 55 of Fabrications magazine. It's not very often that I get nice post like this, usually all I get are bills! My Tropical gloves are featured in the Quilt Gallery - The National Quilt Championships, Sandown 2008 section (I'm on page 9 if anyone is interested).

I wish I had gone to the hairdressers now!

Seriously, The article is well worth a look as it is a concise run down of the show if you missed it and a great reminder if you were there. Some of my personal favorites from the show are featured, Particularly Silent Echoes by Lee Brown who was deservedly awarded overall champion, 1st in the Large Wall hanging category, award for Hand Dyeing and a Judge's Choice Certificate.

Another of my favorite quilts was Perttu By Ferret which is just breath taking and very clever. It depicts Perttu Kivilaskso of the Finnish band Apocalyptical with his cello.

No comments:

Great deals on Amazon